Sunday, March 1, 2009

Horse chiropractor: progress update


Observations and conclusions after a visit from the horse back doc

As I mentioned in the original post, I'm skeptical by nature. So I did not expect to feel any difference in Huey or Armani after their visit from the chiropractor.

But I felt a difference the first time I sat on each of them. Huey felt much softer to ride. He also picked up his correct canter leads without trouble. Armani was a little subtler. He felt more springy and rounder over his back. He reached for the contact without fuss. My instructor sat on each of them while I was at work last week. She was so excited she called me that evening to discuss.

I've ridden each a number of times since and I still feel the difference. I'm beginning to conclude that some aspect of the chiropractic visit was beneficial. Either realigning the joints, or the tissue work and relaxation, or most likely all of that together. I would be open to trying it again.

1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

We use a chiropractor/acupuncturist/holistic veterinarian a few times a year and the realignment always helps them. I'm sure it's not your imagination, they probably are feeling better.