Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our new assignment: official dressage training

I've taken a lesson every other week for years. And Armani has had some professional schooling. But this month we are officially "in training" together with my instructor, a Grand Prix rider. We'll both be riding him and she'll show me techniques. Armani and I will both learn. I've been saving a while for it and I'm pretty excited. Armani is not so much.

My goal is to be showing 1st Level next year and maybe 2nd Level. I'll chronicle our progress.

6 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

Great! I can't wait to see how you progress each week. :) My trainer is only Prix St. George with a bronze medal. She'd be further along, but she lost the horse she was riding due to injury and is retraining a new horse. She has him showing fourth now so she's getting there. :)

A Bay Horse said...

Ya, level does not always indicate someone's real ability or knowledge. Sounds like your trainer is well there. Are you and your horse in training now? Any tips on how to get the most out of it?

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds like a plan. This should be exciting,I'll bet Armani gets into it after a few times. Have fun, and by the way I love that picture.

Golden the Pony Girl said...

Oooh I am jealous! Keep us posted on his progress. I would love to get consistent training, I think you will be impressed on how much both of you will learn in a short time.

phaedra96 said...

I think a properly ridden dressage test is as impressive as a clean round staduim jumping! I do envy you the opportunity. I only had dreams that never happened(real life did). Good luck to both of you.

Michelle said...

Good luck with your endeavors! Sounds like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to following your progress.