Mom was sick on her birthday. So the birthday dinner I promised her morphed into an unexpected early Thanksgiving. My husband and I invited over Mom, my brother, and friends.
- I roasted an 8 pound chicken. I let other shoppers fight over the turkeys.
- Mashed potatoes with gravy
- Green and white asparagus
- The last fall beets I saved from our local farmer
- And for desert: Yellow cake with chocolate cream frosting and ice cream. ...I admit I bought those.
I also picked up every barn girl's favorite fashion accessory. New muck boots for Mom.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
1 hour ago