Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What do we do with fences?

We jump fences. SILLY!

It is getting warmer. So our most recent lesson was jumping. Armani was fantastic. Our instructor said it was the best she'd seen him over fences yet. We started over poles. Then in-and-out crossrails. Then they went up to mid-sized verticals by the end.

Armani was very game and enthusiastic. He was even, tight and powerful over the verticals. Though I felt like I need to work more on my core strength. Especially after our little accident.

Sadly no photos. I need to remember to charge my camera next time.

But the real star was the green horse, Mr. Big. Mr. Big is a former stallion prospect (now gelded) who was started late. For a nearly 18hh horse he has the confidence of a mouse. But he is sweet and handsome.

He joined us for our lesson. Armani lead the way. Mr. Big was game to follow him over everything. Except the verticals, which were just for Armani.

I think it was a good confidence building lesson, all around.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds like you all had a great time.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Yay for jumping! Sorry your camera wasn't charged so we could have seen pictures of your handsome mouse. :) Next time!

Stacey Kimmel-Smith said...

I LOVE your new icon/badge. Can I post it on my page?

A Bay Horse said...

Thanks, Stacey! Yes of course I don't mind. :)