Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aaaack - juggling show season!


Show season officially started for me last weekend with a kickoff visit to the Mount Holyoke Schooling Show on Easter weekend.

I was supposed to visit the inlaws with my husband. But my instructor was making her Grand Prix debut at the show. Most everyone had plans. So I was (willingly) conscripted to be marketer, videographer, caterer, and groom - which left little time for blogging.

I took Friday off of work. I printed out advertising flyers and pamphlets. I packed chicken salad sandwiches (recipe), iced tea, and snacks. I bought a new video camera. I also rode Armani and went trailer shopping with my mother. Then Saturday morning I rode Armani early. Armani stared at my instructor's trailer as I was grooming him. I lead him loosely toward the arena. Armani turned and took a few steps toward the open trailer ramp. "That's not for you." I told him. He was unusually compliant and gave an extra effort as we rode. Then I guiltily took off for the show without him.

Full show report once I get the pics off my camera....

7 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Can't wait to see the pics. I think Armani is ready to show, he seems like he wants a ride in the trailer.

Kate said...

Love the cartoon! You're one busy lady - sounds like Armani's looking forward to showing. We have a pony that used to drag us to the trailer for shows and jump right on - shows were the only time he got any grain!

Stephanie said...

Looking forward to the pics! Busy, busy gal. Armani wants to go showing too!

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

I love my mother-in-law, but I'd rather be at a horse show any day!

When do Armani (& you) get to show?

allaroundhorses said...

Well, this is kind of unrelated to this post, but I noticed in one from last year you were looking for papers on a horse, was that this one? Because he was sold off the track without them? Did you ever find them, or are you still in the process of searching? If so I wish you luck, I have a QH who was abused and the papers lost in that situtation, it is very unfortunate.

A Bay Horse said...

Well Armani is going to a show without me in May on my husband's birthday. I promised to spend his birthday with him, not at the show like last year... but that doesn't mean Armani can't go! My instructor is taking him. :)

allaroundhorses - Huey, my mom's off the track quarter horse is the one we are looking for papers on. You can read a bit about it here . I hadn't pursued it in a while since I wasn't getting any where. I only have his partly legible tattoo to go on. Are you having more luck with yours?

A Week In The Life of A Redhead said...

The cartoon is great. It made me laugh our loud. Finding time for anything with kids is a challenge too. Great blog. We have a rider as part of our group.
C
Eight Women Dream
www.8womendream.com